Collision Damage Waiver
Minimum age of driver is 21 years or 23 years for a 4×4 vehicle. Both with valid international and national drivers license. Basic excess is applicable on all vehicles involved in a collision or accident – this is up to R53000. This is included in the rental contract.
If this option is taken, the hirer is liable for the first R53000 damage to a vehicle or third party vehicle / property.
This excess can be paid by cash or credit card (a manual imprint of the credit card will be taken) and the amount will have to be authorised by the bank).
Taking the following options can reduce this excess:
CDW Midi is from 3 days onwards. This daily fee reduces the excess to R19000
CDW Maxi is from 8 days onwards. This reduces the excess to Nil (see exclusions below).
The hirer will be fully liable for any damage to the Bobo Campers or third party vehicle or property (CDW is cancelled and maximum damage/towing/replacement as per quote is payable by the customer) under the following circumstances:
- The terms of the rental contract are breached.
- Damage to the vehicle is caused by careless or reckless driving.
- Any damage or mechanical failure sustained while driving on any 4×4 man-made leisure track specially designed for the purpose of leisure or testing your off-road driving abilities and usually require an entrance fee to make use of and is not part of a public road.
- Damage to the vehicle caused by incorrect use of the clutch (for example slipping or dropping the clutch), the gearbox or drivetrain. For example using 4-wheel-drive mode while driving on tar roads.
- Damages to the drive shafts due to pot holes, drifts or any other obstacle.
- Illegal behaviour, negligence, or a breach of law (e.g. speeding, illegal parking, driving on the wrong side)
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Driving on restricted roads / areas.
- Water submersion or water damages in engine or in drive shafts are caused.
- Any roll-over damages of any kind – See Terms for detailed info
- Failure to switch off the engine when dashboard lights indicate a major problem e.g. oil light, radiator water level or temperature gauge.
- Vehicle was driven by person other than permitted driver as per contract.
- Vis Major damages due to floods, hail- or sand storms, lightning strikes, veld fires and/or strong winds.
- All towing costs (when required) to the nearest depot.
- If the vehicle is still drivable and a replacement unit is requested, the exchange costs are for the customer’s account.
Additional CDW terms for Mozambique, Zambia & Zimbabwe
You are allowed to drive your 4×4 camper in Mozambique. However, this country is not fully geared for self-drive as yet. This does not mean that self-drive is not possible. For travelling in or through this beautiful country an extra CDW excess is applicable.
There is a separate excess of R7000 or any damage to the vehicle. In the event of the vehicle having to be towed, the customer will arrange to have the vehicle towed to the nearest depot.